turkeys fly? Some turkeys CAN fly. Wild turkeys can fly for short
distances up to 55 mph and can run up to 20 mph, but domesticated
turkeys stick to the ground because they can't fly.
--courtesy of Jaindl Farms
to the Texas Peanut Producers Board, Americans eat enough peanut
butter each year to cover the floor of the Grand Canyon. In a
day, Americans eat more than 4 million pounds of peanuts.
- The International
Ice Cream Association reports that in the average household,
66% of the ice cream is eaten by adults.
- Chocolate can
be lethal to dogs. About 2 ounces of milk chocolate can be poisonous
for a ten pound puppy because it affects the cardiac muscle and
central nervous system.
are certain flowers that are edible, so the next time you are
making a salad, why not dress it up with a little flower power.
Since not all flowers are edible, it's best to check with an
expert before you decide to walk out the garden to pick a snack.
- Male turkeys are the only turkeys that
gobble. Female turkeys make a clicking noise.
- The largest turkey in the world weighed
in at 86 pounds. It was raised by Leacroft Turkeys, Ltd. in Petersborough,
- A hard boiled egg spins but a soft cooked
or raw egg does not.
- .007 calories are consumed while licking
- According to the Pork Information Bureau,
6 out of 10 respondents in a Gallup survey said it's okay to
go a week or more without cooking anything from scratch.
- It takes 75,000 violet Crocus to make
1 pound of spice saffron.
- The National Restaurant Association reports
that the top foods eaten in restaurants last year were hamburgers,
steak and roast beef.
- There are fewer calories in ostrich and
emu meats than there are in pork, beef, deer and other types
- According to a Kraft Cheese Family Study,
America's top family main dishes are spaghetti, 52%; grilled
chicken, 50% and Pizza, 49%. Favorite side dishes are baked potato,
salad and pasta.
- The Campbell Soup Company reports that
they make more pasta stars than there are real stars in the Milky
- Riviana reports that it takes 300 gallons
of water to grow one pound of rice.
- Did you know that an ear of corn never
has an odd number of rows?
- According to Asia-Ads, potato chips have
been in existence since 1853. Another interesting fact reported
by the same group said that the discovery of Root Beer was
a result of the collaborative thinking of the early American
and the Native Americans.